This square makes me so ridiculously happy.
Yield: 8 to 12 people
1 hr 30 mins
This banana cake is a delicious twist on banana bread! Covered with espresso cream cheese frosting, it’s an easy and wonderful treat.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- ¾ cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 large bananas, mashed
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
espresso cream cheese frosting
- 1 8- ounce blocks cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking sheet or dish with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the mashed bananas and yogurt until combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients on low speed, scraping down the sides if needed, until just combined. Don’t over mix!
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish. Bake for 28 to 33 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
coffee cream cheese frosting
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Beat in the sugar and espresso powder until combined. Beat in the vanilla extract. Frost the cooled cake! I like to keep the cake in the fridge because of the cream cheese frosting – plus we love cold cake.
Source: How Sweet Eats